Sick of using root-only apps on your Huawei Ascend G510-0100 and want something more interesting to play around with? Try custom ROMs. In order to flash custom ROMs on your device, you’re gonna need a custom recovery and the guide below shows exactly how you can get one up and running on your device in no time. So here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your Huawei Ascend G510-0100:
1. You must be rooted before you can do this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei Ascend G510-0100 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so by visiting the website available here.
1. Fastboot (Download the Fastboot file for the G510)
1. Place the Fastboot archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Your device should reboot into the bootloader mode.
6. Now double-click on Install-Windows.bat available on your Desktop.
7. It’ll start flashing the recovery on your device, won’t take too long to finish.
8. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
9. You’re all set!
Awesome! Your device’s been successfully flashed with a custom recovery and is all ready to be flashed with your favorite custom ROMs!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ascend G510-0100 to learn how to do that.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!