Sprint recently introduced the Harman and Kardon special edition of the HTC One M8 and all I could think was, “Poor Sprint”. You see, all of the changes are simply software tweaks and, because of that, it isn’t that hard for a crafty developer to get a hold of those changes and tweak them to work on other versions of the same device. Such is the case here. XDA Developer baadnewz created a flashable zip file that anyone with root access and a custom recovery can flash to gain the benefits of the Harman and Kardon tweaks. Check below for how to enable it. And no, this wont make the Harman/Kardon headphones appear next to your device when done…
1. This is supposed to work on all US variants of the HTC One M8. Please let me know in the comments if it does or doesn’t work for you (please list what version you have in the comment).
2. You need to have fastboot disabled. Go to Settings > Battery Manager > Turn OFF Fastboot.
1. You must be rooted, have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery. If you don’t, head to my How to Root the HTC M8 (All-in-One Toolkit Method) video, complete that. and come back here to continue.
1. You must have S-Off on your HTC One M8 as well (which the above procedure doesn’t do for you). If you don’t, head to our How to Gain S-Off on the HTC One M8 video, finish it, and return here to continue.
1. On your HTC One M8′s internet browser, type in the following into the URL bar and hit enter:
http://bit.ly/1iTc7tv (link shortener used to simply make it easier to type in)
2. Once on that page, download the enable_hk_and_adsp_update zip file and save it to your phone.
3. Turn off the phone.
4. Turn in back on by holding down Volume Down and Power at the same time to get to Hboot mode.
5. Push Volume Down then Power to select Recovery mode.
5. Tap Backup then swipe to backup (to make a backup of your device just in case).
6. Tap Back.
7. Tap Install then go to Downloads and select the enable_hk_and_adsp_update zip file and swipe to flash it.
8. Tap reboot.