1. If the apk doesn’t work for you you can easily uninstall it like any other app.
2. This apk is touchy and doesn’t work on all phones, so give it a try.
3. IF the apk doesn’t work, try the update.zip format and flash it via recovery.
4. THIS ONLY WORKS ON ANDROID 2.2 DEVICES!
1. Download the New Android Market 2.2.6
2. Plug your phone in via USB cable and mount the sd card so you can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the .apk file to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folder, just on the sd card itself).
4. Unplug the phone.
5. Download a File Manager from the Market (Linda File Manager Free is good).
6. Open the Linda File Manager and navigate to the SD card and click on the .apk and follow the prompts to install it.
Thanks Artem / Android Police for sending this in!