This guide will show you how to root your Galaxy Tab 7.7. Rooting the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is as easy as rooting any other Tab versions but do exercise a bit of caution as always before proceeding.
I. Before You Begin
1. Download and install Samsung Kies as this will install all the drivers needed for the procedure to run smoothly.
2. If you do have Kies installed on your Windows PC, ensure that it is up to date and update if needed.
3. Download the necessary root file.
Rooting the Galaxy Tab 7.7
1. Copy the root.zip file you downloaded above to the topmost folder of the Tab’s external storage. This means that it should not be copied to any folders as you see below:
2. Turn off the device.
3. Put the Tab 7.7 into Recovery Mode. To do this:
- Hold Volume Up + Power Button
- When the device comes on, let go of the power button but hold the Volume Up until it enters the Recovery Mode
4. Select install update from External Storage. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down to navigate the menu and the power button to select.
5. Look for root.zip and press the Power button to select.
6. Let the rooting process finish and then reboot the device.
Once you have finished rebooting, look for the Superuser app installed on your device and if you find it, you are now ROOTED!!
Thanks to Jade Eyed Wolf for the original procedure!! Remember donations keep devs going, so be sure to donate to him if this procedure helped you.