There are a lot of good reasons to put a password on your phone, but this is a feature you have to turn on by yourself. There are different types of passwords you can set up with Android depending on your style.
I. Setting a Password
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to location and security settings.
3. Navigate to set up screen lock.
4. You will be presented with different options: pattern, pin and password. Pattern is a simple connect the dots, pin is a numeric passcode and password is exactly what it sounds like.
5. If you want to disable a password navigate back to this section and select “none.”
6. You can also choose a security lock timer if you want it to automatically password lock after a certain amount of time.
7. After you set the password it will pop up after unlocking your phone.
This is part of our Android Basics/Tips and Tricks series. Great for anyone new to Android, or anyone just looking to learn a few tips and tricks! For all our Android Basics, head here.