In the series of Samsung Galaxy Tabs, the Tab 2 7.0 was the one which hadn’t gotten the taste of root and custom ROMs like its sister-tabs. A RootzWiki developer has come up with a procedure to root this tablet and to enjoy plenty of custom ROMs on this small tablet. So, if you are a fortunate owner of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and want to root it, then go ahead and apply the steps given below.
1. Rooting your Galaxy Tab will void its warranty and it can only be gained back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your tablet.
1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.
2. Download the Rooting Package from here.
3. Download the Odin tool from here.
1. First of all, close Kies software on your PC.
2. Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 into the download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding both Volume DOWN and Power keys together.
3. Press the Volume UP key to enter into the download mode.
4. Launch the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
5. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.
6. From the Odin Tool, choose PDA and then select the recovery.tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier. You will have following screen:
[ Select “PDA” option ]
7. Click on the Start button to begin flashing recovery. Your tablet will reboot when the flashing is done.
8. Disconnect your tablet from the PC.
We completed installing CWM recovery on the tablet, now move on to the rooting procedure.
1. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Transfer the Root File to the root folder of your device’s SD card storage.
3. After you have transferred the file, disconnect your tablet from the PC.
4. Turn OFF your tablet.
5. Boot your tablet into the recovery mode by pressing and holding both the Volume UP and Power keys simultaneously.
6. Choose install zip from sdcard option and then navigate to the rooting package you downloaded earlier. It will begin rooting your tablet, let it do it.
7. When the rooting is done, choose Reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Everything’s done now. You have successfully rooted your tablet as well as installed CWM recovery on it. This simple root method was brought to us by a RootzWiki user nycbjr, you should thank/donate him over at RootzWiki for his great work!