Want to root your Samsung Galaxy W smartphone? No problem, here’s how you can do it.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You will void your phone’s warranty if you root it. However, you can get it back by either installing stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
2. The following way to root your phone is the easiest root method available for this phone.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download the Rooting Package from here.
III. Rooting Samsung Galaxy W:
1. Place the downloaded Rooting Package file onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract files from it.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the Rooting Package file to your phone’s internal SD card storage.
4. After the file transfer has been completed, disconnect your phone from the PC.
5. Turn OFF your Galaxy W smartphone.
6. Boot your phone into the recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume UP+Home+Power keys simultaneously.
7. Release the Power key when the phone is turned ON.
8. Release both the Volume UP and Home keys when you see a box image on your phone’s screen.
9. Press the Menu key to enter into the recovery mode.
10. Choose apply sdcard:update.zip using Volume Keys and then press the Home key to confirm it.
11. Navigate to the update.zip file you transferred to your phone in Step-3 and select it for flashing.
12. After it has finished flashing the update.zip file, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu.
You did it ! You now have access to root on your Galaxy W smartphone.
If this procedure helped you, please thank/donate to the original developers over at XDA !