Want to install the apps which require Superuser access on your Galaxy Mini? No problem, here’s how you can root your phone and get the Superuser app.
1. The warranty of your phone will be voided once you root it. However, you can regain the warranty by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
2. Make sure that your phone has enough battery life left so it can last through the whole process.
1. Download the Root Package from here. (Download link is in the third post)
1. Download and place the Root Package on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
3. Transfer the Root Package file to your phone’s SD Card Root folder. Do NOT put it into any deep folder.
4. After the file transfer has been finished, disconnect your phone from the PC.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power button.
6. Boot your phone into the recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Menu+Power buttons simultaneously and you will enter recovery mode within a few seconds.
7. Choose update from SD card option from the recovery menu.
8. Choose the Root Package file you just transferred to your phone for flashing.
9. When the flashing is done, reboot your phone.
That’s all. You have successfully rooted your Galaxy Mini smartphone. Now, when you turn ON the phone, you will see the Superuser app installed on it.
You can head to our how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Mini procedure to flash a custom recovery on your phone.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !