Dreams have a way of coming up in conversation, either at work, during happy hour, or even at the dinner table. I used to sit in amazement as my friends would tell long vivid memories of their dreams, as I could never seem to remember my own. At one point I went as far to leave a notepad by my nightstand hoping I would wake up in time to remember. Unfortunately, my elusive dreams seemed to slip away by the time I opened my eyes. It wasn’t until I discovered the Dreamt It app for iPhone that I actually began to remember and capture my dreams. The app allows you to set an alarm before you wake up and provides you with the option to either write or speak your dreams into the app. A very simple but effective concept. I now have weeks of my own dreams saved and can even share my own strange subconscious with my friends.
- Simple way to remember your dreams
- Use app as dream journal
- You can type or speak your dreams into app
- Simple but sleek and easy to use interface
- View other people’s dreams and comment on them or like them
- Send link to Facebook or Twitter (if you don’t have weird dreams and don’t mind your friends knowing)
- There is not a separate alarm option for naps
- Sound sleepers may need two alarms
- Only one sound option for alarm
How it works:
- Download the app
- Create an account
- Set an alert time that’s before you usually wake up
- Go to sleep
- Dreamt It will send you an alert before you wake up
- You see or hear the alert, which acts as a prompt to help you remember your dream whilst in dream state
- The alert takes you directly to the app (by swiping or clicking it)
- You type or speak your dream into the app
Dreamt It is the perfect app for self-proclaimed dreamers and curious minds alike. I have always wanted to remember my dreams but never thought to just set an alarm a few minutes prior to my normal alarm clock. After using the Dreamt It app for a few weeks, I’ve created a morning routine which starts with speaking my dreams into the app. I usually wait until the end of the week to look back at what my subconscious has been dreaming, but when I do I am always left in sheer amazement. If you are looking for a sure-fire way to remember, track, and share your dreams, then make sure to check out the Dreamt It app before your head hits the pillow.
Dreamt It is available for free in the iTunes Store. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 5.0 or later. iTunes Link
This is part of our iOS App of the Day series. We take our favorite app for iOS for each day and post it here for you to check out. Feel free to check out all of our App of the Day posts here.