Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC JetStream will allow you to flash custom ROMs on it. You can also backup your current ROM, so you can restore it at a later time if you don’t like the custom ROM. Follow the steps given below to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your JetStream tablet.
1. You must have rooted your tablet before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root HTC JetStream procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your tablet. It can be done by visiting HTCDev website.
3. You must have ADB with Fastboot installed on your PC. Please refer to our guide on how to setup ADB.
1. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.
1. Place the downloaded Recovery Image in the folder where you have installed ADB.
2. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
3. Open a Command Prompt window where you have installed ADB and type in the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
4. When your device boots into the fastboot mode, simply issue the following command:
fastboot flash recovery JetStream-HC-CWM5-Recovery-DooMLoRD-v02.img
5. It will begin flashing custom recovery on your tablet. When it has done flashing the recovery, just type in the following command:
6. Your device will reboot.
You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC JetStream tablet. Now, you can load your favorite custom ROM on it and enjoy the new appearance as well as new apps that it provides you.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this recovery image !
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss