If you have been looking for a simple way to root your Asus Transformer TF101 tablet, then you are at the right place. After getting Android ICS update, a lot of users have lost root access on their tablets, so the following procedure will help you gain root access on your Transformer tablet. Please follow each step carefully to avoid any problems. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works on Asus Transformer TF101 model only.
2. You must be running on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. Rooting your device will void its warranty. However, if you need the warranty back in future, you can apply the stock firmware or you can unroot your device.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download the Asus Sync from here. (Download link is available under Utilities)
2. Download the Rooting Package from here. (It’s attached there in the first post)
III. Rooting Asus Transformer TF101 on ICS:
1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.
2. Double-click the Asus Sync file to install the program.
3. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to finish the installation process.
4. Enable USB debugging on your tablet by navigating to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Extract files from the Rooting Package to your Desktop.
7. From the files you extracted, double-click the run.bat file.
8. Just follow the instructions displayed on your screen to root your tablet.
Your tablet should now be rooted and the world of root-only apps is unlocked for you. Go and get some cool apps for your device !
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !