Now that you have rooted your Folio 100, if you intend to flash custom ROMs on your tablet, the next big step to take of course is to install a custom recovery. One such popular custom recovery is the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM or CWMR) and this guide below will help you install it with ease.
1. Make sure that your device has at least 75% of its battery charged before you begin.
2. This procedure is designed to work on a Windows 7 PC. Do not try it on any other operating system.
3. Back up any data you feel is important before you begin with the procedure.
update.zip CWM v220.127.116.11 file [Download link available in the first post of this thread under the Installation Instructions Section]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy the update.zip file to your device’s SD card.
2. Turn off your device and put it into recovery mode. To do this, press the Power button once and the Volume Up button when you see the Toshiba logo on screen.
3. Once in recovery, press Volume Up to highlight Factory reset or system update.
4. Press Volume Down to continue on to installing system update.
5. Press Volume Up again to confirm system update.
6. Your Folio 100 should now show a progress bar to show the installation process and reboot when it is done.
And we’re done!
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.