The users who updated their Droid X2 to Android 2.3.5 are unable to root it. The root methods that worked on the previous versions don’t seem to work on this one. So, for those users, here we have a guide that explains how to root the Droid X2 on Android 2.3.5 successfully. Please follow all the steps carefully and you should end up with a rooted phone.
1. Make sure that your phone is running on Android 2.3.5. Head to Menu>>Settings>>About phone and you should be able to find the version.
2. Rooting your phone will void its warranty. However, flashing the stock ROM will help you get the warranty back.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Droid X2 Root (Download link’s given in the first post, it’s an .EXE file)
1. Download and place the Self-Executable Root file on your Desktop.
2. Turn ON your smartphone.
3. Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Launch the Rooting Tool by double-clicking on DroidX2_Root_2012.exe file.
5. You should see a screen something like below. Hit the Yes button.
[ Hit the Yes button ]
6. It will begin rooting your smartphone and within a few seconds, you will have root access on your device.
Congratulations ! Your smartphone has now successfully been rooted using the tool and it is now up to you how you want to enjoy with your rooted phone.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Droid X2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss