Whether you have bricked your device or it’s not responding for any reason, the only thing you can do is install the stock firmware. Usually, it solves all the common problems related with the ROM on your device and lets you have the fresh official ROM running on your device. By installing the stock ROM, you’re also unrooting your device. Here’s how you can unroot the HTC EVO View 4G.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure that you have charged your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. RUU (Download link’s given in the Step-1 on that page)
1. Download and place the RUU file onto your Desktop.
2. Turn OFF your device using the Power button.
3. Reboot your device into the Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
4. Choose the Fastboot option from the bootloader menu.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Double-click the RUU file you downloaded earlier and it should launch.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Finally, you should end up with an unrooted device !
Congrats ! You’ve successfully unrooted your device using the RUU and you’re now running the Android Gingerbread on your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.