The root-department hasn’t forgotten the Huawei Ideos U8150, and some of the developers are still working to bring new goodies for this smartphone. To look at the specifications, the smartphone has a 582 MHz processor along with 256 MB RAM and it runs on the Android 2.2, Froyo. With the help of a simple app, you can root the smartphone and in the following guide, we’ve put together all the steps to root your smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting your device will void its warranty and there are also chances of getting your device bricked. Do it at your own risk.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Astro File Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ideos U8150:
1. Download and install the Astro File Manager App on your smartphone. Use the link given above to download it.
2. Place the Z4Root APK file on the Desktop of your PC.
3. Connect the smartphone to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Transfer the Z4Root APK file to the root folder of your smartphone’s SD card storage.
5. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been transferred.
6. Open Astro File Manager app on your device, it should be on the last screen.
7. Look for the Z4Root APK file in the File Manager and tap on it. The installation process should begin.
8. After the app is installed, open it from the Main Menu.
9. Click the Root button in the app and wait till it roots your device.
10. You are now rooted !
Your device has successfully been rooted using the Z4Root app and compared to any other root methods, it was the fastest and easiest one.
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei Ideos U8150 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.