If you were trying to install a custom ROM on your device and it didn’t work out as you expected, no problem. You can always go back to the stock ROM, that is unrooted and official. Talking about HTC Salsa, particularly, you just have to go through some steps and the device will be unrooted. Here’s how you can unroot your HTC Salsa smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. You must have locked bootloader of your device.
3. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. RUU (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the downloaded RUU file to the Desktop of your PC. Do NOT launch it just yet.
2. Turn your device OFF.
3. Reboot your device into the HBOOT mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons simultaneously.
4. Choose the Fastboot mode from the HBOOT menu.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Right-click on the RUU executable file and choose Run as administrator.
7. Follow on-screen instructions, make sure you follow each step carefully.
8. You’re now unrooted !
Congrats ! You’ve successfully unrooted your device using the RUU and now it is running on the stock firmware.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss