It’s not necessary to have a custom recovery on your device after you’ve rooted it, but if you just love playing with various kinds of custom ROMs, then you should probably get one. The ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the best custom recoveries ever made and it’s available for the Huawei U8120 smartphone, letting you flash custom ROMs and take backups. Here’s how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei U8120 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei U8120 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This should replace the stock recovery on your device with the CWM Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the second post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei U8120:
1. Download and place the Recovery Image archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone.
4. Reboot your device into the recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+End Call+Power buttons together.
5. Connect the device to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
6. Double-click on the install-recovery-windows.bat file which you extracted from the archive.
7. It should flash the Recovery Image on your device.
8. Remove the battery from your device after the flashing is done.
9. Put the battery back in your device and turn it ON.
Awesome! You’ve successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei U8120 device. Now, custom ROMs are just a few taps away from your device!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei U8120 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.