Got a Huawei MediaPad and want to get root access on it just because you love those root-only apps available in the Play Store? No worry, a simple root method is available for the device from MoDaCo, the site which often develops root methods for the Android devices. In the following guide, we’ve explained all the steps to root the Huawei MediaPad using the method provided by MoDaCo.
1. You must be running on the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
2. You are going to void the warranty of your device by rooting it. Keep this in mind and go ahead.
3. Make sure that your PC has Drivers installed for your device.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package to your Desktop.
3. Turn USB debugging ON on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Install Root.cmd file you just extracted from the Root Package.
6. Your device should reboot about three times. It is normal.
7. And you’re done!
Your MediaPad has successfully been rooted and the SuperUser app is now there in your App Drawer. It was so easy to root the device, wasn’t it?
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei MediaPad to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.