If you have rooted your Galaxy Y, why not take even more advantage of the device by installing a custom recovery, right? If you think that’s what you want to do, read on then to know how to install ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on the Samsung Galaxy Y.
1. You will need to be rooted for this procedure to work. If you need help with this, try our guide on the same.
2. The following method does not permanently install CWM on your Galaxy Y. You will need to install it every time you need to flash a custom ROM or use other functions of CWM.
3. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your device’s battery charged before you begin.
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB and copy the CWM.zip file you downloaded above to your device’s SD card’s main folder (not into any subfolders).
2. Disconnect your device and turn it off.
3. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home and Power buttons until you see the Samsung Galaxy Y logo.
4. Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to highlight the apply update from sd card option and press the Home button to select it.
5. Locate the CWM.zip file you copied above and press the Home button to flash it.
You should see ClockworkMod Recovery load after successfully flashing the zip file!!
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss