The Pandigital Supernova tablet falls in the Media Tablets category. These tablets are usually used by those who often download and watch videos on-the-go, this device could be an entertainer for them. If you root your tablet, you can get much more multimedia apps that require root access and here in this guide, we’re going to show you how you can root your Pandigital Supernova tablet. Don’t be afraid, it’s just a simple procedure!
1. This will void the warranty of your device. Go ahead keeping this in mind.
2. The device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
3. In order for the following procedure to work, you must have a SD card.
1. ES File Explorer (Google Play Link)
2. Supernova File Pack (Download link’s given at the top in first post)
1. Place the Supernova File Pack archive on your Desktop.
2. Download and install the ES File Explorer app on your device.
3. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>SD Card & device storage settings and tap Format SD card.
4. Turn ON the USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Appplications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC using USB cable.
6. Extract files from the Supernova archive you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
7. Copy the GingerBreak APK file over to the PD_Universe folder on your device.
8. Copy two folders, gtablet and extras, to the SD card storage of your device.
9. Disconnect the device from your PC after the files have been copied.
10. Open the ES File Explorer App from the Menu of your device.
11. Find the GingerBreak APK file you copied earlier and install it.
12. Launch the GingerBreak App on your device and hit the Root button.
13. Your device should reboot and you should have root access on it.
14. Next, install the following apps in the order they’re listed below. Use the ES File Explorer App to do so.
google services framework
15. As soon as you’ve installed all of the apps mentioned above, reboot your device.
16. After the device has booted up, Choose use by default this action and then Launcher.
17. Turn OFF the USB debugging from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
18. If you wish, you can install the extra apps available in the extras folder you copied earlier to your device.
Congrats! Your tablet has been successfully rooted with all the default apps working on it. You can now head to your favorite destination to download and install root-only apps!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss