LG Marquee is a great smartphone for those who love watching videos or playings games on large screens. With a 4″ inch large screen, you can really experience the amazing effects in the games and feels like you’re in the game. If your LG Marquee is rooted and you want to restore it to the stock ROM, here’s how you can do it. This will remove the root access from your device and make it as it was when you purchased it. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. KDZ Firmware (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. KDZ Updater (Download link’s given in the first post, in Step-2)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the KDZ Updater archive to your Desktop.
3. From the extracted files, double-click on the file named msxml.msi and install it.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Right-click on the file named KDZ_FW_UPD.exe on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
6. It should ask you to select type, choose 3GQCT.
7. In the Select PhoneModel, choose SmartPhone(WM).
8. In the KDZ File section, select the KDZ Firmware file you downloaded earlier. It should be there on your Desktop.
9. Click on the Launch Software Update option and the update process should begin.
10. Your device should reboot after the update process is finished.
Brilliant! You’re done with unrooting your LG Marquee smartphone. Now, it’s running on the pure Stock ROM with no modified apps or any other stuff, no root access, obviously.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss