To unleash the actual power of root access on your device, you should install a custom recovery on it that provides much more options than the stock recovery. With a custom recovery like ClockworkMod, custom ROMs and Tweaks are close at hand. Here’s how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Thrill 4G smartphone using the one-click method.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. The rooting guide is available here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 50% of battery life left to ensure an uninterrupted process.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. CWR Tool (It’s attached in the first post of the thread)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Thrill 4G:
1. Download and place the CWR Tool on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the CWR archive to your Desktop. Use WinRAR to do so.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Right-click on the 1click_CRW.exe file you have on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
6. It should automatically do rest of the work.
7. And you’re done!
Congrats! The tool has successfully installed CWM Recovery on your device. Don’t forget to try out latest custom ROMs on your device!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Thrill 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.