Installing a custom recovery brings features that are not usually included in the stock recovery. These could range from flashing custom ROMs to making backups and the most popular custom recovery you can find is the ClockworkMod Recovery developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush). The guide below will help you get the same ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Sola.
1. You need to have your bootloader unlocked before you can install CWM. Use our guide to help you with this.
2. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your device’s battery charged before you begin.
3. Back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
4. You need to be rooted for this procedure to work and if you aren’t, you’ll only have to look here to get rooted.
RecoverX.zip [Download link available in the first post of this thread]
1. Extract RecoverX.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, double-click on RecoverX.exe to run the program.
3. From the “Choose your device” drop-down menu, select Xperia Sola.
4. Select CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 (Android 4.0) option.
5. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > USB Debugging (if you are on Android 2.3) or by going to Settings > Development (Android 4.0) and ticking the USB Debugging checkbox.
6. Connect your device to your PC.
7. Click on Next on the RecoverX program and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Grant superuser access on your device when prompted.
9. Wait for RecoverX to finish installing CWM.
You should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed once the program is done!
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.