In order for a smartphone to get popularity, it ought to have a stylish look with a great set of hardware and when a smartphone consists of these things, it really attracts a great number of users. The LG Optimus Black falls in this category of smartphones, it’s got a 1GHz processor and a beautiful design. If you are one of those fortunate owners of this smartphone, you should look for a way to root the device to further enhance your experience with it. In the following guide, we’re going to show you how you can root your LG Optimus Black smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. Keep this in mind and go ahead.
2. You must be running on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. GingerBreak (It’s attached there in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus Black:
1. Download and place the GingerBreak APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the GingerBreak APK file over to the SD card storage of your device.
4. Disconnect the device after the file has been copied.
5. On your phone, enable USB debugging by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Go to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable Unknown sources option.
7. Open My files on your device and install the GingerBreak APK file you copied earlier.
8. Launch the GingerBreak app on your device.
9. Hit the Root button on the main interface of the app and it should start rooting your device.
10. As soon as the rooting is done, you’ll find the Superuser app in your App Drawer.
11. Now, head to Google Play and install the BusyBox app.
12. Your device’s now rooted !
Congrats! You’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus Black using the GingerBreak app. It was just about installing an app and running the exploit and you’re done!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus Black to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.