If you’ve been looking for a way to root your LG Optimus S smartphone, then no look no further. We’ve compiled each and every download, as well as all the steps you’ll need to root your phone, in the following guide. It uses the z4root method to gain root access on the device, don’t worry if this sounds unfamiliar to you, the guide below explains everything.
1. The warranty of your device will be voided once you root it.
2. You should have at least 60% of battery life left on your device.
1. z4Root (It’s attached in the first post of the thread)
1. Download the z4Root APK file to your device.
2. On your device, go to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
3. Now, open My files on your device and tap on the z4Root APK file to install it. Let it finish the installation.
4. After the app is installed on your device, open it from the Menu.
5. In the app, tap on the Root button and it should begin rooting your device.
6. As soon as the rooting is done, a confirmation message will appear on your screen.
7. You should see the Superuser app installed on your device.
Awesome! Using the z4Root Universal Rooting Method, you’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus S smartphone. These kind of apps make rooting much easier and we all should be thankful to the developers of such apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus S to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss