For the flashaholic persons, it was a big relief when the root access was achieved on the LG Optimus S smartphone and many of you must have enjoyed root-only apps on your smartphone. If you think it is the time to reclaim the warranty by unrooting your device, here’s a guide for you. It shows you how you can unroot your LG Optimus S smartphone. Let’s get the ball rolling!
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, please do not use the following procedure to unroot the device.
2. This should reinstate the warranty of your device.
1. z4Root (It’s attached there in the first post)
1. Download the z4Root APK on your smartphone using the link provided above.
2. Enable the Unknown sources option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources, tick-mark the box.
3. Open My files on your device and tap on the z4Root APK to install it.
4. Finish the installation of the app.
5. Launch the app from the Menu of your device. It should be there on the last screen of your device.
6. Tap on the Unroot button in the app and your device will soon be unrooted.
7. And you’re done!
Your device has been successfully unrooted, root access’s gone!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss