If you followed our rooting guide and have rooted your Motorola Motoluxe, the next step we would recommend you to take is install a custom recovery. Having a custom recovery on your device doesn’t just help you wipe data and take backups, it lets you install custom ROMs as well as flashable tweaks. So, if you’re ready, we can begin the procedure to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Motorola Motoluxe smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the Motorola Motoluxe procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device is charged and has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Recovery ENG APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Motorola Motoluxe:
1. Download and place the Recovery ENG APK file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable for file transfer purpose.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card. Do NOT put it inside any folder, just leave it on top.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC.
5. Now, connect your device to to the power supply.
Note: This is necessary because recovery works only when the device is connected to power supply.
6. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources, tick-mark the box.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and install the APK you copied earlier.
8. After the app has been installed, launch it from Menu.
9. Tap the button labeled as Enter Recovery in the app.
10. It should ask for Superuser permission, allow it.
11. Your device should reboot into the Recovery Mode.
12. You’re done!
Great! The CWM Recovery has successfully been installed on your Motoluxe. The Recovery works just fine to install custom ROMs, however, there’re two bugs in it, you can read more about them over on XDA thread.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Motoluxe to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.