Installing custom recovery bestows your device with special powers that the stock recovery denies, even if your device is the aging Galaxy Fit. You can flash custom ROMs (which should bring newer Android versions to your device and other features), make backups for safekeeping and plenty of other things depending on the custom recovery you are installing. This guide below help you get that custom recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery to be specific) on your Samsung Galaxy Fit and get flashing custom ROMs in no time.
Back up everything you feel is important before you begin.
CWM_rfs.zip [File attached to this post]
1. Power down your device.
2. Extract the CWM_rfs.zip file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop. This folder should now contain three files: Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.42.exe, CWM_rfs.tar, and BENI_v1.0.ops.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.42.exe to run the tool.
6. Tick the One Package checkbox under the Option section. The One Package button should now become active.
7. Click on the One Package button, navigate to CWM_rfs.tar location, select it and click on Open to load it on to Odin.
8. Click on the OPS button, navigate to BENI_v1.0.ops location, select it and click on Open to load it on to Odin.
7. Hold the Volume Down + Home keys and power on your device to put your device into Download Mode. Connect your device using a USB cable and Odin should now recognize your device and light up the ID:COM field yellow to signify this. If not, reinstall the proper drivers and try again.
8. Click on Start.
Once the device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Galaxy Fit S5670.
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.