The Acer Liquid Gallant Duo was launched back in July, 2012. It was one of those Android smartphones to support dual SIM cards to cut-down the weight of the pockets of those smartphone users who carry more than one smartphones with them just because they got two SIM cards. If you’ve recently purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you’re at the right place. In the guide below, we’re going to show you how you can root your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The warranty will be voided once you root the device.
2. Make sure you’ve charged your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
3. Make sure you have installed the drivers for your device on your PC. If you haven’t, head here and download them.
4. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post, under Root section)
III. Rooting the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo:
1. Place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Runme.bat file you placed on your Desktop.
6. It should ask you to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Your device should reboot when the rooting’s done.
9. You’re all set!
Excellent! Your device has been rooted using the simple one-click method. The custom recovery’s waiting to be flashed on your device!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.