The Motorola Motoluxe smartphone arrived in the first month of the year and with that, it brought an option for the smartphone buyers who are looking for a middle-range device that could help them with their work. Featuring a 800MHz processor and Android Gingerbread onboard, it lets you perform all kind of your office as well as personal work on it. If you’re a game lover, you’ll find this device a bit disappointing as it can’t run resource-intensive games. To extend the capabilities of the device, you can root it and in the following guide, we’re going to show you how exactly you can do so.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. Go ahead keeping this in mind.
2. Make sure your device is charged and has at least 70% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola Motoluxe:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive and place them on your Desktop.
3. Install the Motorola Drivers that you extracted from the archive.
4. Double-click on the SUTLR package and install it.
5. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Launch the SUTLR program that you installed in Step-4.
8. The program should ask you to provide Image file. It’s named as FXX_PR3_NV.xml and should be there on your Desktop.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
10. Your device should reboot when the process is done.
11. Keep your device connected to your PC and double-click the SuperOneClick executable file.
12. Hit the Root button given inside SuperOneClick and it should root your device.
13. And you’re done!
Congrats! Your Motoluxe has been successfully rooted, it required some steps to be done before you can actually root it.
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Motoluxe to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.