Unrooting your device is a good idea if you are turning your device in to a service center for repairs as this will help you retain your warranty if you still have it. We’ll show you in the guide below to do the same on the Samsung Galaxy Mini, so read on if this is what you want to do.
I. Before You Begin
1. Back up everything you feel is important.
2. Make sure you have your device charged to 75% or more before you begin.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Unrooting the Galaxy Mini
1. Connect your device to your PC in USB Mass Storage Mode and copy the unroot-galaxy-mini.zip to your SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and power it down.
3. Press and hold the Home button + Power button until your device boots into recovery mode.
4. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate to apply update from sdcard and press the home button to select it.
5. Locate and select unroot-galaxy-mini.zip to flash the file.
6. Once you see the install from sdcard complete message, select reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Mini should be unrooted and the Supuser app must have disappeared from your app drawer after rebooting. If the Superuser app is still present, uninstall it like you would for any other app.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.