Safe Mode is quite a familiar word for those who often mess up with their devices. As the name implies, Safe mode provides you a safe working environment on your device where no external apps/widgets are loaded. It’s really useful when you’re unable to turn ON your device because you just installed and app and it screwed everything up. Here’re a few reasons why you need Safe Mode:
Let any be the reason, you can go into Safe Mode to cure the issues by following the following steps.
1. Turn OFF your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume DOWN+Volume UP+Power buttons together.
3. The device should reboot into Safe Mode.
4. You’re done!
1. While your device’s turned ON, press and hold the Power button.
2. When the menu appears, tap on Power off option for a few seconds.
3. A prompt should appear asking if you want to reboot into Safe Mode. Hit OK.
Great! To confirm whether you’re in Safe Mode or not, just look for the text Safe Mode on your screen, if it’s there, you’re good to go.
Now, you can uninstall any app that you think is causing problems and you can remove any non-working widgets, too.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.