Though it hasn’t been a long time since the Nexus 10 was announced, we’re seeing some of the popular custom ROMs being cooked-up for the device. No matter how perfect Google makes its stock firmwares, flashaholics are always going to need a change and that’s when they move to custom ROMs as they are developed keeping such users in mind. To flash the custom ROMs, you’re going to need a custom recovery and to add to your happiness, ClockworkMod Recovery’s available for the Nexus 10, providing a complete replacement for your stock recovery with a bunch of new options than that of your stock recovery. The following guide shows how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Google Nexus 10.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the Google Nexus 10 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left otherwise it may cause issues.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Rename the recovery image you downloaded to recovery.img.
4. Turn OFF your Nexus 10.
5. Reboot it into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
6. Once the device boots into Fastboot mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
8. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, enter the following command:
10. The device should reboot.
11. And you’re all set!
Wonderful! The ClockworkMod Recovery has been installed on your Nexus 10 in no more than a few minutes. Getting a custom recovery on the device means you’ve freedom to test every available custom ROM on the device provided it’s compatible with it!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Google Nexus 10 to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: T3
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.