The Huawei U8180, also known as Huawei Gaga, was launched back in 2011 and with that, it provided low-budget users with an option to get a real Android Device without damaging pockets. The smartphone runs the Android 2.2 Froyo, although the software version is quite obsolete, it’ still a good grab if you want to make your entry in the Android world. The phone is rootable with the SuperOneClick Method, that means, a single-click root will allow you to enjoy hundreds of root-only apps on the device. In the following guide, we’ve covered how you can root your Huawei U8180 device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting voids the warranty of the device. However, you can get the warranty back by unrooting the device.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei U8180:
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. You can use free tools like WinRAR to do so.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and it should launch.
6. Hit Root button in the tool and wait till it finishes.
7. Once the rooting’s done, disconnect the device from your PC.
8. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You now have access to the root on your Huawei U8180 device and it’s not just that, you can now install root-only apps as well as remove any system apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei U8180 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.