There could be various reasons why you want to unroot your device, maybe you’re going to the service center or something’s not working well after you’ve rooted the device. Either be the reason, if you want to unroot your Alcatel One Touch 991D, you can follow our guide below. As soon as you’ve unrooted the device, the warranty will be reinstated. So, let’s see how you can unroot the device.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Make sure that your device’s charged and has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive and put them on your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file to launch it.
6. Hit Unroot button in the tool and it should start unrooting the device.
7. Wait for the process to finish.
8. Once done, reboot the device.
9. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your device has successfully been unrooted and you’ll no longer find the Superuser app in your App Drawer.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.