While rooting an Android device gives you many advantages, it voids the warranty of the device at the same time. If you’re going to take your device to service center, your first step would be to unroot the device. Unrooting will restore the warranty of your device and help you avoid any unexpected questions being asked by service center representatives. To unroot your HTC Desire X smartphone, all you need to do is just follow the guide given below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Toolkit (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Stock RUU (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Unrooting the HTC Desire X:
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Toolkit archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Toolkit executable file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Click on Relock Bootloader option from the Commands section in Toolkit.
7. Hit the Do Command Button given just beneath.
8. Once done, choose the Boot into Bootloader option and hit Do Command button.
9. From the Bootloader mode, select Fastboot option.
10. Double-click on the Stock RUU you downloaded earlier.
11. Follow the on-screen instructions.
12. You’re done!
Brilliant! The stock firmware has successfully been flashed on your device and your warranty has also been restored.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.