Though the ClockworkMod Recovery isn’t available for our beloved Galaxy Stellar, the TWRP Recovery’s there to help us out with our recovery tasks. The said recovery provides almost same features as the CWM Recovery like installing custom ROMs, Mods, etc. Until the CWM becomes available for the device, you can enjoy the TWRP Recovery and to make your job easy, we’ve put together all the steps to install TWRP Recovery on the Galaxy Stellar. Let’s get the ball rolling.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Stellar procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This should replace the stock recovery with the custom recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. GooManager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Stellar:
1. Download and install the GooManager app on your device.
2. Once installed, launch it from the Menu.
3. Hit reboot into recovery option.
4. It should ask you if you want to install a custom recovery, hit Yes.
5. It will then begin downloading and installing the custom recovery.
6. You’ll be notified as soon as it has done installing the recovery.
7. You’re all set!
Cheers! The TWRP has been successfully installed on the device and the custom ROMs are your next stop!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Stellar to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.