Camera Shutter Sound becomes annoying when you’re going to capture an Image of your child playing with cards as the sounds distracts him in his activity. There’s no option in Android to disable the shutter sound, however, an XDA Member has come up with a solution to disable the shutter sound. The fix is available in the form of a flashable ZIP and once flashed, you won’t listen that annoying sound anymore and you’ll be able to capture Images calmly. The following guide shows how you can disable the shutter sound on your Android Device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must be running on AOSP 4+ ROM. This doesn’t work on other ROMs.
2. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Enable Silent Camera (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Disabling Shutter Sound on Your Android Device:
1. Download and place the ZIP archive to your Desktop. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC once the file is copied.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot the device into Recovery Mode. The key combination to get into Recovery mode varies with devices, so do a Googling and you should have the right key-combination.
7. Once inside Recovery Mode, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the ZIP you copied earlier for flashing.
9. It should take some time to flash the file.
10. Once done, choose reboot system now from the Recovery Menu.
11. You’re all done!
Great! The Shutter Sound has successfully been disabled on your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.