The LG Lucid 4G smartphone runs on the Verizon’s 4G network to provide ultra-fast Internet speed to those who often download large files, such as movies and games. The device has got a root method that gains root access on the device to allow installation of root-only apps and eventually a custom recovery. Since the phone is identical to Spectrum, same files can be used to root the device. Let’s see how you can root the LG Lucid 4G smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (Links to the LG Spectrum root package, but that works fine for the LG Lucid 4G as well)
1. Place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the run.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Great! Your device is now rooted and has Superuser app in the App Drawer. The root-only apps are waiting to be installed on your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Lucid 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.