The Samsung Galaxy 3 is pretty old (and pretty outdated by today’s standards) but for those who are still holding on to this device and wanting something more from this, rooting and installing a custom recovery will definitely get some more mileage from this ancient device. The guide below will show you the first step of these two – Rooting the Samsung Galaxy 3 I5800.
1. This procedure only works with the Samsung Galaxy 3 running Android 2.2 Froyo firmware.
2. Back up everything you feel is important before you begin.
3. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you begin. If not, installing Samsung Kies will usually put all the necessary drivers in place. This guide assumes that you are running a Windows 7 PC.
4. Make sure you have your device charged to 75% or more to prevent unwanted shutdowns during the procedure.
SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip [Download link available here]
1. Extract SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and tick the USB Debugging checkbox to do this.
3. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications and tick the Unknown sources checkbox.
4. Connect your device to your PC. Windows 7 should install any drivers needed at this point.
5. From the folder you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
6. Click on Root.
After a reboot, your device should be completely rooted!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section III until Step 5.
2. Click on Unroot.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss