With a Dual-Core 1GHz processor and a large display, the LG Optimus 2X really deserves to have some great custom ROMs and the developers have shown their respect for the device by cooking up some amazing custom ROMs. The best way to get a custom ROM running on the device is to install it using a custom recovery, ClockworkMod Recovery, for example. These kind of recoveries help users install ROMs in a breeze and provide several useful features to customize the device. To get the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Optimus 2X, you can follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our guide on how to root the LG Optimus 2X.
2. Make sure that the battery level on your device is not less than 60%.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Optimus 2X:
1. First of all, download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once you get it installed, open it from the App Drawer.
3. The first option in the app should say Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, tap it.
4. It’ll then ask you to select your device from the list, just tap on your device name.
5. The flashing process will begin and it’ll finish in a few minutes.
6. Once it’s finished, reboot the device.
7. You’re all done!
Great! Your Optimus 2X now has a custom recovery called ClockworkMod Recovery. The custom ROMs can now be part of your device, so don’t wait and go grab one for you!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus 2X to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.