Custom ROMs are a great way to enjoy the latest Android firmwares on your device without waiting for your manufacturer to roll them out, it’s just a painful time to wait for the update to arrive and nobody likes it. But to flash the custom ROMs, you’re gonna need a custom recovery, that’ll help you to write files to the Read-only-Memory section on your device. ClockworkMod Recovery is a known name in the Android ecosystem and if you’re still not aware of it, let me tell you what it is. It’s a custom recovery offering plenty of really useful features, such as flashing custom ROMs and Mods, making nandroid backups, to name a few. Luckily, the aforementioned recovery’s available for the Micromax’s latest and greatest, Micromax A110 Canvas 2 smartphone and the following guide explains how you can install it on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device’s charged and has at least 50% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Mobile Uncle (Google Play Link)
1. Place the Recovery archive you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract the actual recovery image from the archive to your Desktop. It should have .img as extension.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image (.img) file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once it’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
6. Now, download and install the Mobile Uncle app using the link provided above.
7. Once installed, launch it from the Menu.
8. In the app, go to Recovery Update section and tap on recovery.img option.
9. Follow any instructions you see on your screen.
10. And you’re all set!
Awesome! You’re now rocking ClockworkMod Recovery on your Micromax A110 and if you ever want to change your current ROM, simply use the recovery to do so.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss