Motorola’s first 4G enabled smartphone Motorola RAZR HD XT925 is going to taste one of the finest recoveries ever available for the Android Devices, the ClockworkMod Recovery. The pair of the device and the recovery is certainly going to benefit the users by providing the ability to flash custom ROMs as well as Mods and Tweaks. If you’re rooted and interested in joining the flashaholic party, then follow the following guide that shows how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Motorola RAZR HD XT925 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Motorola RAZR HD XT925 procedure.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Motorola RAZR HD XT925:
1. First of all, place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You should get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
3. Rename the Recovery Image you downloaded to recovery.img. This should make it easy to issue commands.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Reboot the device into Fastboot mode. To do so, while your device’s turned OFF, press and hold Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
6. Select Fastboot option from the list and press Power button to confirm it.
7. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
8. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
9. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window you just opened:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. Once flashing’s done, reboot the device by issuing following command:
11. And you’re all done!
Cheers! Your device is now equipped with a custom recovery to allow operations like flashing custom ROMs and making nandroid backups.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola RAZR HD XT925 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.