There’re endless possibilities to customize an Android device and everything begins with rooting the device. It’s actually a simple procedure and once you’ve gained root access on your device, you can go out and apply almost every customization pack available there. For the Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon) smartphone, the root procedure is a piece of cake. The method takes help of a self-running batch file, so no need to type in the commands and all, just plug the device and get it rooted. Interested? Read on to know how you can root your Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon) smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon):
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Do NOT run any file just yet.
3. Enable the USB debugging function on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s enabled, plug in the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Right-click on the run.bat file you extracted to your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
6. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
7. And finally you should be rooted!
Congrats! Your Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon) has been successfully rooted and if you’ve been waiting to get the root-only apps running on the device, you better off to Google Play!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.