Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ships with Ice Cream Sandwich on-board and as explained in our previous guide, it’s rootable and you can enjoy root-only apps on it. For some users, installing root-only apps isn’t enough and so they move to custom ROMs in hope to get a better appearance as well as new features. There’s no lack of custom ROMs and getting them onto the device is quite easy, provided your device’s equipped with a custom recovery. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to enjoy countless ROMs available out there. Let’s get started:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will install the Touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place both the files you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
5. Make sure that the Repartition box is not checked in the Odin.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Once inside the Download mode, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Now in the Odin, click on Start button and it’ll start the flashing process.
10. Once flashing’s done, reboot the device.
11. And you’re all done!
Wonderful! The CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 device. You’re now free to try out ever custom ROM available out there for your device, but make sure not to pick a buggy one!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.