When a custom recovery becomes available for an Android Device, it makes tasks like installing custom ROMs and Mods possible. And our beloved ZTE Warp Sequent has got the official version of the ClockworkMod Recovery, a custom recovery that offers a number of great features to customize the device as well as protect your data with nandroid backups. As you may already know, having a custom recovery on the device helps a lot in changing firmwares and backing up the entire device and most importantly, it’s not too difficult to get a custom recovery running on the device. If you do the right procedure the right way, you can have the recovery working in no time. To install ClockworkMod Recovery on your ZTE Warp Sequent, you can follow our guide below.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our rooting guide to root your device.
2. This will install the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the CWM Recovery Image file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder you see when you open File Manager.
4. Once it’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. Download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device using the link provided above.
6. Launch the app from your App Drawer by tapping the app icon.
7. In the app, type in following command:
8. Next, enter the following command into the app. Make sure to replace cwm.img with the actual name of the recovery image you downloaded.
dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
9. Close the app.
10. Reboot the device.
11. You’re all done!
Cheers! The ClockworkMod Recovery has successfully been installed on your device and the custom ROMs are no away from you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the ZTE Warp Sequent to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here and here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.