Users of Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) have been waiting for a root method to arrive so they can root their devices and enjoy all the goodies what other carrier have been enjoying for a while. And the wait’s over now as the aforementioned device has been successfully rooted and the root method is available on the XDA Forums. Based on the root method, we’ve created a nice guide that teaches you how you can root your Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) device, so let’s not waste time and get onto the procedure.
1. This should void the warranty of the device. However, it can be reinstated by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the second post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop. Do not run any files just yet.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RootDebugfs.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Good Job! Your device’s been successfully rooted and you should find the Superuser app in your App Drawer. It was all a matter of a few clicks and you’re rooted!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.