Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been in news recently because of the issues users are facing with the locked bootloader of the device. A developer over at XDA had found out a way to unlock the bootloader, but the Verizon then pushed an update that fixed the exploit and closed all the gates to the bootloader. Once again, developers have come in action and released a tool, called CASUAL, that claims to unlock bootloader of the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 smartphone and as far as comments on the tool are concerned, it works pretty fine. Here we have come up with a guide that teaches how you can use the tool.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Make sure you backup all of your data saved on your device as the procedure will wipe off all the data.
2. You should have Java installed on your PC. You can get it from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. CASUAL Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Odin (Download link’s available in the first post)
3. BAV Baseline (Download link’s given in the first post)
4. Back Atcah (Download link’s available in the first pos)
III. Unlocking Bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon):
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
3. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Double-click on the CASUAL file and it’ll launch.
5. The tool will then guide you through the rest of the steps.
6. Finally you’ll have unlocked bootloader!
Great! You’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Galaxy Note 2 running on the Verizon network and all your worries related to bootloader are over now.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.