If you think your device’s not working as it’s supposed to and you’re planning to visit the service center, the first thing we’ll remind you to do is unroot the device. As you’ve voided the warranty of the device by rooting it, you can unroot the device and get the warranty back instantly. The procedure to unroot the device is quite easy and there’s almost no chance of getting the device bricked while doing the procedure provided you do it carefully. Let’s see how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
2. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate one for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the Stock Firmware file you downloaded earlier.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Click on Start button and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. Your device should reboot once it’s done.
12. You’re all done!
Congrats! Your warranty has just come back and you can now enjoy the official goodies available for your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.