Custom Recoveries have now become an essential part of an Android Device and if you haven’t tested one out, you should definitely do it. Most of the developers who are known for cooking custom ROMs often develop flashable ZIPs that can be flashed through recoveries as nothing could be easier than that. ClockworkMod Recovery has been #1 custom recovery for the Android Devices and getting it installed is pretty easy, a few steps and you’re all set. In the following guide, we’ve put together steps on how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (Cricket) smartphone. Just follow all the instructions to letter and you’ll be rocking CWM on your device!
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Cricket) procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Cricket):
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link given above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. There’ll be an option named Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, tap it.
4. It’ll bring up a screen with the list of compatible devices, tap on your device name.
5. The recovery will now be downloaded and installed on your device.
6. You’re done!
Great! You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your device using the ROM Manager app. The app will help you manage recovery updates, fresh installation and so on.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Cricket) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.